Wifi is off on Win10 computer. Turning it on works, but shuts down after a few seconds.
It has been found that some computers, after the Windows 10 1709 upgrade, turns off the wifi if LAN/WAN switching is checked in computer's BIOS.
To fix this follow the below steps.
- Reboot computer and press F10 on the black screen until you see something similar Entering setup or Entering BIOS.
- When on the white BIOS screen, go to the System Configuration tab.
- Click Device Options. Can also be called Built-in Device Options.
- Find LAN/WAN switching and disable it by unchecking it.
- Save the settings and exit BIOS, the computer will now reboot.
- Login to Windows and confirm that the wifi stays on.