I'm an administrator and still get the UAC (User Account Control) popup in Windows 7. How do I get rid of it?
Enabling the below settings might compromise your Windows environment security-wise. Only use this tweak if you know what you are doing! Again, this tweak will change your local security policies. Your Sysadmin might have opinions about that...
- Assuming Win7.
- Click the Windows button and enter secpol.msc in the search box.
- Browse to Local Policies/Security Options.
- Find User Account Control: Behaviour of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode and double-click on it.
- Change the setting to Elevate without prompting.
- Click OK and close secpol.msc.
- You're done.
- You might want to logoff once and logon again to make sure the new setting activates.